Information on burns
When tokens are sent to an address that can't be used or accessed, they are effectively taken out of circulation. This process is similar to stock buybacks, where companies reduce the number of shares available in the market. Burning tokens gained popularity when platforms like Binance and Stellar burned coins to decrease the overall supply.
For Shiba Inu, 3 null addresses have been mostly used for burning tokens. These addresses are inaccessible to anyone and have no obtainable keys. Burning tokens in this manner reduces the overall supply, making the remaining tokens more scarce.
[Disclaimer: Shibburn LLC, is not suggesting that people should burn their own tokens.]
You can burn $SHIB by sending tokens to one of the following burn addresses.
Using Coinbase app to burn tokens.
1. Click on the Assets tab to find SHIBA INU (assuming you purchased some tokens already)
2. Click on your Shiba Inu wallet right above the Trade Button. (shows the amount of SHIB you own)
3. Click on the Send Button on the top right of your screen (Paper plane icon)
4. Enter the amount you would like to burn. You can also switch to the amount of SHIB you want to burn by clicking on the up and down icon next to the amount ⇅.
5. Click continue, then skip the 'Send Crypto to a friend' window by clicking on Not Now.
6. For recipient, enter one of the burn addresses into the 'To' field, then click 'Preview Send.'
7. Click 'Send now'. That's all. You will see a notification once it's completed.
Using Crypto.com app to burn tokens.
1. Click on 'Accounts' tab and then to your 'Crypto Wallet' to find SHIB INU (assuming you purchased some tokens already)
2. Click on Transfer. A modal window will open, click on Withdraw.
3. Choose External Wallet.
4. On the new window, click on the Add button ( + ) on the top right of your screen to save a wallet.
5. A new modal window will open. Choose Wallet Address.
6. Keep selection for Network with ERC20 and paste one of the burn addresses into the SHIB Wallet Address input field. Give your wallet a name using the second field and click Continue.
7. You may need to verify using your 2FA app. Now you have the address saved in Withdrawal Whitelist you can easily access it in case doing another burn.
8. On the same window, click on Withdraw SHIB.
9. Enter the amount you would like to burn. You can also switch to the amount of SHIB you want to burn by clicking on the box with the amount in it.
10. Click Withdrawal. A new window will pop out to confirm. Click Confirm. That's all. You will see a notification once it's completed.
Using the MetaMask app and Trust Wallet to burn tokens.
1. Choose the SHIBA INU token and click Send
2. Paste one of the burn addresses into the 'To' or 'Recipient' field, then click Next.
3. Enter the amount you would like to burn.
4. Complete the transaction.
There are 3 null addresses that are currently being used to burn $SHIB tokens:
We have a page for these addresses here.